Rogue Friction Grip KG Change Plates (IWF)
When a half-kilogram can mean the difference between matching or beating a personal record, you need a change plate that loads fast and won’t budge on the bar. Rogue’s Friction Grip KG Change Plates meet the challenge. These durable, IWF-approved competition discs feature a rubberized “Friction Grip” interior coating, designed for quick, stable loading on the outside of a collar.
Before the advent of the International Weightlifting Federation's "1KG Rule" in 2005, competitions required that a bar be advanced by 2.5KG increments. This led to long delays as loaders had to remove collars in order to add weight. With FG change plates like these, competitive lifters can add 1KG without adjusting the collar position—greatly reducing downtime at events and keeping the focus on the athletes themselves.
Rogue Friction Grip KG Change Plates are now available in six sizes—0.5kg, 1kg, 1.5kg, 2kg, 2.5kg, and 5kg—and can be ordered as single-increment pairs or in full 25 KG sets. Each plate features a matte finish, Rogue branding, and the official IWF logo embossed on the back.
- 0.5KG FG (White): 135MM diameter; 12.5MM thickness
- 1.0KG FG (Green): 160MM; 15MM
- 1.5KG FG (Yellow): 175MM; 18MM
- 2.0KG FG (Blue): 190MM; 19MM
- 2.5KG FG (Red): 210MM; 19MM
- 5.0KG FG (White): 230MM; 26MM
- Friction Grip collar
- Approved by the International Weightlifting Federation
- Maintains stable hold on bar when loaded outside of the collar
- Fits standard 50MM Olympic Barbell Sleeves
- Rogue branding (white text on color plates, black text on white plate)
- IWF logo embossed on back of plate
- Tolerance: +/- 10 grams
Please Note:This plate has a rubber coated metal center. Minimal wear of the rubber, which does not affect performance, may occur with repeated use.
See More: Change Plates & Fractional Plates Available from Rogue